Request an Appointment
- Call (330) 762-0591 and ask for Admissions, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- New clients can use the CGFS Open Scheduling Page in MyChart to request an appointment online at https://mychart.akronchildrens.org/cgfs/openscheduling?serviceAreas=107000
- Or fill out the form below
Your First Appointment
- Any insurance cards you may have, including Ohio Medicaid insurance cards.
- Copayment if required by your insurance plan
- If you are the legal guardian, please bring your Court papers so we can make a copy for our records (e.g. power of attorney, adoption papers, custody documents or other court records)
- Summit County residents may qualify for some free services and/or a sliding fee scale. To apply, please bring the following information to verify your family income:
-Two most recent paystubs for each working member of the household
-Child support information
-SSI/SSD income information
What to Expect at Your Appointment
- Children must be accompanied either by a parent/caregiver or legal guardian at the first appointment to consent to treatment and sign appropriate forms.
- Your first appointment will last approximately 1 hour.
- A financial interview will be conducted to verify insurance coverage and payment arrangements.
If you need to cancel an appointment, please contact our Admissions Department at 330-762-0591 as soon as possible.
If you are interested in exploring helpful articles, videos and more to help you or someone you love to navigate the mental health journey, please explore our Knowledge Hub.